View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
Hi philosopherdog, Welcome to the forum.

I've had a quick look at your webpage. The html seems fairly simple.

Here's a step-by-step which worked for me - I use the Firefox browser:-
  1. Open webpage. Right-click within the page and select 'Save Page As...' Point at your output directory and make sure to choose 'Save as type:Web page, complete' so that any images/stylesheets are also saved.

2. Drag the saved html file into Calibre and edit metadata (Author, Title, Comments etc)

3. Convert from ZIP to EPUB with your preferred settings in [Look & Feel].
    In [Structure Detection] set 'Detect chapters at' to //h:h1
    In [Table of Contents] set 'Level 1 TOC' to //h:h1
    Then do the convert.

4. View the resulting epub in the Calibre viewer and press the TOC button (7th from top in the sidebar). Voila - a nice single-level TOC down the left-hand side.

Please note that these settings are relevant for this particular web page as it uses <h1>...</h1> to mark its chapters. For a different webpage you would need to examine the html file to see how new chapters have been marked up.

Caveat - I have never owned or used an Apple device so I don't know whether there are extra special considerations.

Good luck
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote