View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Kobo Linux Client Updated

Greetings,

FYI, it was mentioned in another thread that Kobo quietly updated their Linux app. It is now possible to update your Kobo reader to FW version 1.4 and to synch with an updated reader via linux. The link is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2183775/kobo-desktop.deb

I tried it on my Asus EEE PC 700 running Ubuntu 10.4 NBR and it worked very well (I had already updated my reader via SD). I am very pleased that there is at least one major ebook store that recognizes and is willing to sell to Linux users. The only things missing from the Kobo reader, IMHO, are a Go to Page option and the ability to refresh the database after a bluetooth transfer without having to plug the device in.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote