View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. Too much work for too little gain. Patches are welcome.

2. Happy to implement this if you can come up with a list of Ctrl based shortcuts that dont conflict with existing shortcuts on one of the platforms calibre runs on. Alternatively, provide lists of shortcuts for windows/os x/linux

3. No. Syncing is not something that will ever work well. There are various reasons for this, that I'm not going to go into here.

4. Not worth the effort for me. Patches are welcome.

5. Also not worth the effort to me.

6. If you mean in the toolbar, absolutely not.

7. No.

8. No, takes up too much space, which is particularly critical on netbooks where calibre is used.

9. You want to change calibre icons, provide a complete set of icons, to replace the existing ones that are actually better than the existing ones.

10. No idea what you're talking about

11. It's only you

12. Feel free to provide a floppy icon that matches the rest of the toolbar icon.

13. This one I'm not going to comment on since chaley is responsible for that piece of the UI

14. No. And you should stop using top to estimate memory usage. It's meaningless.

15. This is a limitation of Qt. If you can figure out a workaround, I'll be happy to implement it.

16. There could, though it will actually take the form of the fields with common values being pre-filled. Already a ticket for this and it is on my TODO list. If you want it done faster, roll up your sleeves.

17. I don't see this on windows 7
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote