View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
The Book kinda fascinated me, so I went out and hunted down a Kmart (I thought they were extinct). My beloved Sony 700 is starting to have battery problems (not holding a charge like it used to) and I wanted a smaller scale lit screen for portability, in compliment with my iPad.

Quick Notes:

This is an ereader... and a competent one, not a web browsing tool, or a multimedia player. It can do those things, but not satisfactorily.

WiFi worked fine for me, but I doubt I will use that much.

Someone on another thread compared it to the ebookwise,and that is a fair comparison, but The Book has a bigger color screen, and supports many more formats. I have only tried non DRM'd epubs, and epubs from which I have stripped the DRM, and it seems fine, except for some odd spacing with apostrophized words.

Don't = Don' t on The Book for the files I have loaded using Calibre.

I am happy with the purchase at the moment. Will give more feedback, as I get better acquainted with it.

Last edited by Donnageddon; 07-21-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote