View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 02:46 AM   #9
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta_Vidoh View Post
So if I go through AlwaysVPN to hide my IP address, then setup an account @ Barnes & Noble with some U.S address I pulled from a website. Will I be able to use a non-U.S. issued credit card and download books, or do they check that the credit card is associated with that address?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
@Beta_Vidoh .. it appears they do not check, if they do.... they don't seem to care.

That is how I buy my books and I have had no problem. You don't need to use alwaysVPN to download the books only during the purchase part. Once I have made the purchase I turn off alwaysVPN and download normally to my PC and via wi-fi on my nook.
That is what the situation is supposed to be, but for some inexplicable reason, I'm having issues. At least one book I got (free) refuses to download because of the "invalid" credit card I mentioned earlier. My card is set as my default payment method, and the billing address is in US.

It worked for the other (also free) books I got, but because it's giving me issues with this one, I'm hesitant to try and actually purchase a novel. But it seems my issues are in the minority.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote