View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
riverteeth
Enthusiast
riverteeth began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Categories / Series?

I'm very new to Calibre. I have a few a few ebub formatted books, but mostly journal articles in PDF, Word, or RTF formats. These are currently organized on my hard disc by subject. I like how Calibre copies the files into the Calibre library folder when I import them to the library, and even makes a new folder for seperate authors. I don't like, however, that I've lost the ability to view my library items by subject. I could use the keywords to do this, but I see keywords are a very specific organizing tool. I'd still like to have 20 or 30 large subject categories I can glance at all in one screen.

So I notied the "series" field in the metadata and on the left menu bar of main window. But I can't find from the help files, what exactly this is meant to be. Could it be 'book series', as in "Classics of 20th Century Philosophy" or "Harry Potter". I'm thinking of using it for my subject categories.

By the way, I LOVE the fact that you can edit the same field for multiple entries at the same time! Big time saver.
riverteeth is offline   Reply With Quote