View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
Critteranne
Evangelist
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, iPad, Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The ebooks will have tough competition in the marketplace:

They are priced at $14.95, $14.95, and $34.95 for volumes 1,2, and 3.

Don
Yikes! What is this, a new trend in indie author prices? I hope not. For that price, I could buy the e-book of the third Stieg Larsson book and have enough money for a large frozen coffee drink full of fat and sugar and little pieces of candy.

When e-books were really really new, there was a place called Fatbrain where indie authors could self-publish e-book editions of their novels, nonfiction, short stories, etc. Most priced them very affordably, seeing it as a way to get readers. But once in a while, an unknown author would price their e-books at around ten dollars or more. I'll bet they wondered why they got so few sales. Luckily, most indie authors have learned better since then, but I guess there are a few outliers...
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote