View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Bad guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
My concern here is that your reaction was a very reasonable one, and likely to be repeated for many customers, and that it will damage sites like Fictionwise.

For me, Fictionwise have always been the good guys.

Graham
Sorry, fictionwise, and ereader.com are not good guys. I started buying from ereader.com, when it was peanut press, and I used a palm to read on. A month or so ago, I tried getting several books on my iPad, and was unable to. Error message about territorial location. I contacted support, then, and yesterday, and they are "working on it.". Right. They also sent me part of the terms of use, and basically you have no rights and they have no obligations.

Yesterday, I went through my account and downloaded everything I could. Out of 384 books purchased, I was unable to download about 40 books. I have been ripped off. Besides that, even if I have books on the drive there is no easy way to get them onto the iPad unless via their servers.

I will never buy a book from this place again. By conservative estimate, I have spent slightly less than $6,000 there. Hope they realize what it will do to their bottom line if a lot of once loyal customers vote no with their wallets like I did.

I have noticed over the y.ears that there are a small number of users here that post venomous messages about book piracy. But I haven' t seen any of these users posting anything about this situation. Sorry,, but as for these 40 or so books I bought and cannot read, I will replace them with ebooks' for free.

This idiocy, and the pricing borne of greed is driving readers to consider piracy, and I would think it is helping amazon's Kindle business. Why would I pay more for an ebook than I have to, and I can usually these days buy the book at amazon in kindle format for half the price that ereader charges.

IMHO, there had better be some sanity about prices and service, or publishers will kill the ebook market. I buy ebooks for 2 reasons, convenience and reduced space necessary to store. In the future, the possibility that any company might prevent me, like ereader has, from accessing books I paid for, will certainly factor into my buying decision. I am very disappointed in that company.
Years ago, the people that own tv guide released an updated version. Of the rocketbook reader, the reb 1100. It was an excellent device, but their greed and outrageous prices killed their market. I can see this happening all over again.....
wgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote