View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The ebooks will have tough competition in the marketplace:

They are priced at $14.95, $14.95, and $34.95 for volumes 1,2, and 3.
. . .

I didn't even look at the prices because of the format/DRM issue.

That is so far over my "impulse buy" and "let's check out this new author" thresholds that my mind is spinning like a top. (okay, maybe that's the caffeine)

I can think of one time when I've paid anything like that for any book by an unknown author. He was signing his books at the local Borders and he was a really nice guy who was starting to look kind of dispirited, so I bought one of his books. Bad mistake. It stank on ice. It would stink in Antarctica. It would stink in the Kuiper Belt. If I hadn't learned my lesson before that, I certainly did then. Now I have an autographed reminder in case I forget, which I keep as kind of a cenotaph for my lost fifteen bucks.

I guess it's just another indie who isn't getting the same thing the NYC publishers aren't getting: Price your books as luxury items and most people will find cheaper entertainment. Price your books as impulse buys and a whole lot of people will impulsively buy them. (the proof is left as an exercise for the student's TBR list)
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote