View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1, Samsung Note 2, Samsung GMP 5, Nexus 7 32GB
Hi Mark. You have quite a few choices, you just have to do your research to find the best model that suits your needs.

If you are just really planning on doing ereading, then there really is no need to get an adroid device.

You will need to avoid Amazon & B&N since their readers are tied to their stores.

You have the choice if you want to buy drm books or not.

There are lots of readers that read more then pdf which in my opinion is one of the worst formats. I prefer epubs, however, since you don't plan on buying drm locked books, you can download Calibre & convert your pdfs to the format of your choice if you choose.

Like I said there are a lot of ereaders to choose from that can access lots of stores which will read pdfs, epubs as well as txt, rtfs etc.

I love my Sony PRS-600 it has a touch screen, I can convert my word docs to rtfs within Word & transfer them to my reader. I also just converted those rtfs over to epubs using Calibre, it did a great job.

I think it's important to get a reader that reads lots of formats, has expandable memory and not locked into a certain stores so that when you decide to get a new reader you can easily transfer your books to your new reader.

So start exploring the different readers & let us know which one you decided on.

Last edited by cfrizz; 07-18-2010 at 04:52 PM.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote