View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #93
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
why even if i set margins=0, there are still space on left and right side, how do i make them smaller to make more use of the precsious screen? make screen width bigger like 620 doesn't help either

thx
Yes, I'm having the same problem; are there any setting tricks so that all the space on the Reader's screen is used up?

So far, I've tried the following:

--topmargin=0 --sidemargin=0 --headerstyle=none

But I still get enough empty space above and below to fit in 4 more lines of text (and a small amount of space on the left and right side as well). I tried adding this as well:

--headerheight=0

While that seems to remove the extra space at the top, it makes a new gap at the bottom that's twice as large. Changing the variable to "1" and "5" produces the same effect.

Ideally, I'd like to have the entire screen used (corner to corner). I'm going to mess around with this some more, but suggestions from anyone who's been using pielrf for longer than I have would be greatly appreciated.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote