View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #38
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Before the upgrade my battery was running completey out. One minute I would be reading - the next the kobo would be dead. Usually at a really inconvenient time - ie just when I was getting to a good part! So then I would charge the kobo and finish reading from the computer screen - YUCK!
I am a fast reader. No idea how many page turns but I normally read a book from start to finish in a session. With my original Kobo I was unable to read a full book on a single charge which was extremely disappointing as I am not used to stopping until the book is finished.

That kobo was replaced and the second one (the one I have now) was much better. It still required charging every 2 or 3 days. So with the second kobo I was getting usually 2 books per charge - sometimes 3 books. Really depended on whether I was prepared to risk it running out on me.
I have only read 1 book since I did the upgrade and that didn't cause any further drop in the charge indicator.
I have just purchased another 5 books and so the kobo has had another charge tonight. It will be interesting to see how much I can read now before it needs charging again.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote