Thread: RC3 available
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
I can't imagine that other users haven't had the issues I'm having with my DR800SG. Perhaps no one is reading pdf magazines? I was excited to see the "fixes" posted for RC3, until I updated and found that none of them applied to my problem. I posted the issue here but since then have done some experimentation and some searching. I have gone through all the update cycles and found that I was wrong about this issue being a RC3 problem. It starts with the first beta release.

I'm convinced at this point that the issue must be with the adobe reader, at least in part. It surfaces when I read pdf magazines and there are embedded images on the page. If I resize the font, the page will take minutes to load and minutes to change pages when using a any v2 update. If I revert to v1 software the resize takes just a few seconds and page turns are the same. However, with v1 software the format of the page with regard to the location of the embedded image and title is lost. The v1 reader merely starts at the first paragraph in the article. The embedded image is displayed later in the text, which is far better than waiting for many minutes as each page loads. Even given that in v2 software the page has more of a article format when it does finally load.

Anyhow, I'm back to using v1 software. It's either that or limit my pdf reading to text only pdfs. Or I could get a magnifying glass to read the tiny pdf font that is used for full page display. I can zoom of course, but that's hardly casual reading, being heavily dependent on the pen for navigation. At least I have a choice, that's something.

Unless, someone out there has a solution to this problem?
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote