View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Cover Art or lack there of...

As I'm sure many have noticed a lot of commercially available ebooks from the big publishing houses lack cover art and instead have what's basically a placeholder with the books title and author listed.

Now I understand on some backlist titles that current cover art can't be included due to the way the licensing for the artwork might read, but what about new titles? Surely it would be more or less a throw in for a contract made in the ebook era that the artwork would be usable for the digital edition just like it's used when a publisher (not a third party like Tantor) puts out an audio book.

Tor actually went so far as to have new cover art done for the ebook releases on the Wheel of Time books (and maybe for future pbook printings too?), but as far as I know that's a rarity.

So what to you think. Is it a big deal not having actual cover art or don't you care?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote