View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Apple is at fault because they wrote the software. The software harmed Apple's customers. Why they wrote it is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is not clear that they bricked the phones. Some have said they merely set them back to unauthorized and you can reauthorize them at ATT. However, what makes you think this is Apple's fault. I am sure this is an ATT requirement for subsidizing the cost of the phone in the exclusive contract.

Dale
The Iphone is not subsidized (yet). Everyone who bought one through ATT paid the list price.

Furthermore, the contract that Apple had with ATT is irrelevant to the people who bought an Iphone from an Apple store. Apple has no legal right to tell me I cannot run other software on my Iphone. They can refuse to support it, certainly. They have no obligation to test the upgrade to make sure that it doesn't break the third party software. Okay, fine.

But I think they deliberately made the upgrade restore only the unlocked Iphone to factory settings.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote