View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #49
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
You don't seem to know the difference between a blog entry and a scientific review/test.

A blog or web log shows personal statements (e.g. opinions) were a scientific test has more credibility.

To write "STFU" only because a personal blog isn't your opinion is out of line. Seen inn that light there is no real arguments against Consumer Reports.
I would absolutely agree if it was Jo Black’s private blog we were talking about here. But it was the blog of Consumer Reports. A blog isn't necessarily a private diary, it can just as well be an official communications channel. Just as a Twitter account doesn't need to be about what you had for dinner.

Additionally, the article was rather long. It wasn't some short thoughts about the issue, it was rather in-depth. Now maybe my reaction was a bit harsh, but I still feel this was rushed out and didn't help at all.

Quote:
To write "STFU" only because a personal blog isn't your opinion is out of line.
And again, you are missing the point. I didn't critizise CR because they had a different opinion than me (as I have clearly stated before, please read my posts), but because they — a magazine many people look up to — commented in-depth on an issue that they hadn't really examined before.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote