View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
cloudyvisions
Enthusiast
cloudyvisions is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
HTML to MOBI text format is off when I get it on Kindle

I've used Calibre for several months now taking HTML files (I'll often convert PDF files to HTML first before adding them to Calibre) and converting them to MOBI to read on my Kindle.

The last few times I have converted anything, once I get it on my Kindle the text is will not take up the whole screen. One page will go top to bottom, but I click a couple of pages over and then there are just like 2 paragraphs and then I have to click to the next page. Sometimes it's just one line and then the rest is on the next page.

It's not a MAJOR problem, it's just means that I'm having to click "Next" almost twice as often as usual, which I feel is a battery drain.

I've looked at the original HTML file and I don't see any reason why this would be happening, and I haven't changed anything I do when I convert HTML to MOBI. I usually have "Remove spacing between paragraphs" with a 1.5 indent size chosen and remove header and footer selected, and that's about it.

I've included a few screencaps, this is going in order when it happens on the middle page.

I've updated to the latest version, which I don't know if that could be the cause as to this sudden change. If anyone has any suggestions as to what's going on and how I can fix it, I'd be greatly appreciative! Thank you!

Last edited by cloudyvisions; 11-30-2011 at 12:01 AM.
cloudyvisions is offline   Reply With Quote