View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #22
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
I've posted something similar to this before, and was quickly rebuffed with an analogy about MP3s. A quick summary:
"MP3s were shared because Music industry forced us to by an overpriced album in order to get 1 or 2 good songs. Power to the people!"

I agreed, and I was definitely a "node" in the MP3 network. However, Apple finally got us into the 21st century. Most of my "shared" MP3s have been replaced with iTunes purchases. As for those artists and publishers who have shunned Apple and insist on my buying the whole album? Hello, eDonkey. You'll get my money when you get a clue.

Books are DIFFERENT, though. I don't buy a book to get 2 good chapters, and while I wish ebooks were cheaper than paperback, they do provide the same story in a more convenient format, so I'll let that slide. The only purpose I see in the P2P networks for ebooks are the scan-books. I'm out of shelf-space, so I need to replace some of these dead-trees with ebooks, and if you don't offer it commercially in digits, I'll find it.
macrotor is offline   Reply With Quote