This is an addendum to my post about TXT and HTM files.
( I didnít add it as an edit because I want to be sure anyone who read the previous post will now see this post.)
I only have 8 TXT files on the KOBO and 1 on an SD card. Every time I disconnected the KOBO from the computer the database got larger, even though there were no new files added. After a little browsing in the database file, I found that if you have any TXT files on the KOBO and/or on an SD card, every time the KOBO updates the database, it makes new entries for those files.
There are 73 entries for the 8 TXT files I had on the KOBO and the 1 on the SD, which is rarely mounted. After I removed ALL the TXT files I found the database was not changing.
It seems that every time it sees a TXT file, it appears to be a NEW file, and it adds it to the database.
So for now the best solution is to REMOVE ALL .TXT and .HTM files from the KOBO and any SD cards you use until this gets fixed.
sorry about that folks!