View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
So today I received the PMP (MP4 player) I ordered. I'll spill the beans and say it is the Ainol 6000HDT. I ordered it last weekend and it arrived in just 5 days. I'm going out of town on business for a week and I'll be taking it with me to put it through the ringer. When I get back I'll post a mini-review and some pictures. Just remember, this device isn't going to replace a dedicated reader or a good Android tablet/iPad. On the other hand - not even the iPad will play video like this thing does. Wow. I should be playing with my Pandigital Novel and trying to load apps on it like everyone over on SlateDroid, but this little project has been fun too.

Anyhow, from just my first day playing with it, I have noticed how gorgeous the screen is. Not as nice as my iPod Touch 3G but pretty close. Definately better than any of my other LCD reading devices. It has impressive viewing angles, and has the superior LTPS screen. Most of my LCD tablets go dim as I view them from the bottom angle.

As a new PMP owner I guess I was supposed to load movies and music right away, but as most of you know me, I had to get an ebook on this thing to see how it looked. I wasn't expecting much to be honest. It seems these things have come a long way since I last checked into them. The unit I have now supports PDF as well as TXT with more formats coming in the future. No support for DRM though. I have other devices for that I guess. The ebook application has a lot more settings than I thought it would.

I haven't timed the device boot, but I'm guessing it only takes like 10 seconds. Not to be taken as gospel. The touch response is also quite good for a resistant touch screen. Again, no iPod, but better than say my SmartQ7 by far.

It would be interesting to know how many of you have used one of these things for reading before.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote