View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
MissSpice
MissSpice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
You should also be aware that if, like me, you got your Kobo from somewhere other than Borders...there may be issues with using the online store. For the life of me, I couldn't get My Library to download any of the ebooks to ADE...and trying to get anything that resembled help from the online help desk or the forum...it took me writing a second email, using my "grown up" language, to get an actual response from them. They were very apologetic, but, really, I should have had that response right from the start.

At this point, it should be noted in great big bold letters that I am a complete and utter technophobe! Anything to do with computers has to be dumbed down for me, using words containing one syllable or less... Which is why this has been a total nightmare for me - they used tech-speak on me ~pout~... If I'd known how appalling the program/s (the Borders/A&R/Kobobooks and ADE) are for effectively operating the Kobo, I'd have gone with the first generation of the iPad.

And yes, I did finally get my Borders ebooks to load onto my Kobo...it took Borders unlocking my Kobo for me, so I will give them that - even if it took them an hour and they had to phone someone to talk them through the process....though Borders saying that the fault for the Kobo being locked is with Angus & Robertson is a little hard to get my head around...the Borders site was the only one I had any issues with... ah well, at least I can get the few books I want from Borders that I either can't get elsewhere or they're cheaper at Borders.
MissSpice is offline   Reply With Quote