View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
I really did dislike all of the Kobo vs. Nook (or Kindle2) vs. iPad talk. In my mind these items fell into three completely separate classes and could not easily be compared. As such they filled three completely different needs. Almost all comparisons ended with the upsell.

"The Kobo is a nice little reader but you could spend a few more dollars and get something with more options."

As this was my first foray into the eReader market, I really didn't want to spend a few more dollars.

Of course, now that the Nook has dropped in price to compare with the Kobo, that line is starting to blur. Of course, the iPad, which isn't an eReader, isn't even in the picture as far as I am concerned. While I would love one, it isn't just for reading.

Either way, the eReader market is starting to heat up and it will be interesting to see what the future holds. As it is, I am almost thinking I should have waited and gone Nook after all. <shrug> Who knows?
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote