View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; iPad3, iPad Mini; Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Another option similar to the Asus you linked is the Lenovo... not sure what it's called, but it's a similar 10" tablet.

I have used the Asus. While I don't like reading on anything like that (I still rather deal with E-ink, despite the smaller screens of current touch-screen devices), one think I really appreciated was the functioning remote desktop options in Windows7 (yes, yes, XP and Vista too, but W7 really made it so much more useful and user-friendly). When on the road, I can remotely access my desktop at work and have a fully working machine at my fingertips - running SAS code on my 10Gb+ datasets from a tablet is, frankly, priceless.

To be fair, the iPad has some remote desktop apps as well, but they are not as user friendly - especially when interfaced with Windows - as a straight W7 to W7 remote desktop solution.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote