View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thumbs down Borders Australia (~ Kobo Canada) - Experiences?

Just wondering what other peoples experiences have been with purchasing eBooks from Borders Australia.

I've just purchased 2 eBooks and find that they have not shown up in 'My eLibrary'. So much for instant access to eBooks.

After a bit of digging it appears this has been an issue in the recent past that was supposedly fixed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBooks-Support
eLibrary Purchase Issue - 29th June 2010 - UPDATE

PLEASE NOTE - the issue of purchases not going into your eLibrary has now been fixed. Please sign back into your account of app and your recently purchased ebooks will be shown. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Reading through the Borders Australia forum it appears there are others who have been quite annoyed by this before, and in my opinion received a pretty ordinary response on the forum. I sent an email requesting someone to look into the problem with reference to my order number and received an automated response as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by support@bordersau.zendesk.com
Many thanks for your email.

Please note we are currently experiencing a very high volume of queries - this means we will not be able to get to your query for the next 3 to 4 days. We are working to clear the current backlog and apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

PLEASE NOTE: problems with purchase of eBooks not appearing in your eLibrary:
We are aware of an issue at present that is affecting all purchases of eBooks through all platforms. eBooks will currently not appear in your eLibrary. We are working to resolve this matter urgently.
Please see here for more details:
http://www.borders.com.au/ebooks-troubleshooting

For Borders Price Guarantee customers, please note that it may take up to 10 working days to complete!
This is obviously a known issue, yet at no stage was it made obvious during the purchase. I feel this is pretty poor service even taking into account that all this is new for Borders. So it appears I can expect to wait several days for an instant eBook purchase

The most ridiculous thing is that the ebooks-troubleshooting link in the automated response links back to the details I quoted previously that indicates that the problem has been fixed. What a mess.

What do others think, what experiences have you had?

I think I'll be looking elsewhere to purchase from now on...

Last edited by mylesau; 07-23-2010 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Thread title change.
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote