View Full Version : Times new roman cyrillic


ConorHughes
09-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Hello all, Times New Roman is a font that supports cyrillic characters however when they are embedded into the epub inexplicably they do not render in adobe digital editions. However, when using another font, say for instance Adobe Premier Pro, the fonts are rendered properly. Both are using the same syntax, and the relevent places where they need to be declared, (CSS and the content.opf file). additionally i tried declaring the xml lang in both the content and the xhtml itself. Neither produced the results. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

/c

dmapr
09-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Without looking at your epub it's hard to tell, but make sure that the font names are referenced in exact case from the CSS. Best thing would be to post a problematic epub (or if it can't be posted for copyright reasons, try to reproduce the problem in a test one) and have someone take a look. Most of my font rendering problems were incorrect case on the font name, although I remember running in some stencil-type font that wasn't rendering correctly by ADE.

ConorHughes
09-24-2010, 03:55 PM
The reason I know that the css and opf file are correct is because, in the css case it is an exact copy of the template file i used for other language versions, and yes i checked the fonts folder to make sure they possess the same name. In the case of the content file, i copy the manifest data as needed from the other language versions. Its not a coding issue, because when I used garamond premier pro it works fine. The issue lies somewhere else. I just dont know where exactly.

charleski
09-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Sounds like the same problem bobcody was having with Greek characters. The problem lies with your font. You could try recompiling it in fontforge, or just try using a different font that has the proper tables.

ConorHughes
09-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Indeed, we ended up using Garamond Premier Pro as a quick subsitute.