Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Where to try Kindle and what is Amazon's return policy on Kindles?

Hello,
I bought other ereader but got disappointed with the screen. I would really like to try new Kindles's screens and I am particularly interested in Kindle 3 DXG. Is there a place where I can try it out? Or, if I buy it from Amazon and decide to return it will I have to pay return shipping cost and restocking fee? I read though Amazon policies but it is still not quite clear to me.
Thank you
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can return to Amazon within 30 days, no restocking fee.

If you're in the US, Target stores will have them starting sometime in September, but likely only the the K3, not the DXG. Still I suppose the K3 would give you a look at the quality of the Pearl screen.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
If you go to the Amazon forums, you should be able to find the, See a Kindle in your City, Link, where you can post to meet up with other Kindle owners.... leme see if I can find a link....
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
DX or 3? There is no DX3.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
DX or 3? There is no DX3.
Kindle DX Graphite. I need big one. Small one is not good for PDFs. But at least I d like to look at perl screen on any of them. I have Boox now and glare is killing me ((((
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Aha, that's what I thought you meant. I doubt if Target will have those on display they probably only have the basic K2 or K3 when it is out. Maybe someone who lives in your town would let you take a look.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Target won't be getting new displays until October, fyi.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I think I already said this... but my Target is carrying the Kindles already. Depends on where you live
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I think I already said this... but my Target is carrying the Kindles already. Depends on where you live
Kindle 2 though right? Not the K3.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Kindle 2 though right? Not the K3.
Correct just the Kindle 2. The salesmen there aren't the brightest people... Do your own research then go into the store. He kept telling me that the kindle 2 is not released yet and that amazon is selling it only at Target as a promotion.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #11
SamuraiXSendai
Addict

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
nimblem
Addict

Lol,.... the longer I spoke to the guy more felt my brain slowing being fried... I had to read a whole four hours to make up for the damage he cause me

BTW the boy in the picture is my youngest son Israel ( not Isaac). He's just learning to play the guitar so he can be a "rock n roll star" when he grows up.... Why couldn't I have at least one girl.....

Last edited by nimblem; 08-19-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Aren't Target's ebook displays all "non-working models" nowadays? I just don't think that makes them good for much, other than to see the general screen contrast and font...IMO.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #14
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
How about updating your location in your profile and try to find someone local?

Much better to meet a fellow reading enthusiast than to go to boring old Tar-zhay.

If you're local to me, I'll be happy to meet up with you and demo my Kindle for you. I'm sure a lot of us feel this way. We're more than happy to spread the plague.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
pashlit
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
How about updating your location in your profile and try to find someone local?

Much better to meet a fellow reading enthusiast than to go to boring old Tar-zhay.

If you're local to me, I'll be happy to meet up with you and demo my Kindle for you. I'm sure a lot of us feel this way. We're more than happy to spread the plague.
OK, I just updated my profile. Unfortunately I am quite far from Chicago but if any of you guys can meet up with me and demonstrate how good new Kindle is I ll be happy to buy you a beer.