View Full Version : PDF Magazine

readingforfun
08-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I was wondering is there a program that will organize a magazine so it can be reflowed or easier to read.

Similar to the multi-column program, not sure if that program will work that well anyone clarify?

Heres an image of a magazine I would like to read on a Kindle. Anyway of making it easier to read/load quicker or something. It has images.

keng2000
08-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I have used ABBYY Fine reader for helping conversion from multi column PDF or Image to Single column PDF. but it is not fully automatically. You may need to specify Zone number if you want a good quality.

portebooks
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Here is a non-checked result via finereader ))

laborg
09-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Are the columns over all pages the same?

Fat Abe
09-24-2010, 03:52 AM
It looks like Finereader got confused by the lines, "Going with Golgi" and "Scientists create an artificial organelle ... ", straddling two columns. It then got the author's name in the wrong sequence, even though the name was within the boundary of the second column. Overall, not too bad. A little fine-tuning in the order of precedence could help Finereader achieve perfection.

portebooks
09-24-2010, 10:34 AM
It looks like Finereader got confused by the lines, "Going with Golgi" and "Scientists create an artificial organelle ... ", straddling two columns. It then got the author's name in the wrong sequence, even though the name was within the boundary of the second column. Overall, not too bad. A little fine-tuning in the order of precedence could help Finereader achieve perfection.

Yes, but also have in mind that provided page-scan is low dpi scan with increased quality Finereader's abilities increase :)

readingforfun
10-30-2010, 03:57 PM
how do i use fine reader to change multi column to single? what command?