View Full Version : Reading footnotes w/ the Kindle app for Droid

Singanddance
08-03-2010, 08:41 AM
How do you read the footnotes? I've tried the menu and other intuitive ideas and it doesn't seem to work. Disappointing for nonfiction not to be able to check out those bold claims...

slm
08-03-2010, 10:03 AM
On the ones I have tried it for: tap the footnote indicater. It will move you to the note. (In mine this is really just a hyperlink and therefore works the same as any other.)
To get back, call up the menu and hit the back button.

HarryT
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
How do you read the footnotes? I've tried the menu and other intuitive ideas and it doesn't seem to work. Disappointing for nonfiction not to be able to check out those bold claims...

Is it not a touchscreen? All you should need to do is tap the hyperlink.

Singanddance
08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Is it not a touchscreen? All you should need to do is tap the hyperlink.

Yeah, it doesn't work. Starred footnotes will let me read them, but I can't get back (the 'back' indicator on the menu is not active). The endnotes aren't linked at all. I've sort of solved the problem by bookmarking the endnotes so I can jump to them and back. It sounds like this is a problem unique to my droid, though, which is too bad.

I don't think I've rebooted since loading the app yesterday so maybe I should try that.

bwaldron
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
On the ones I have tried it for: tap the footnote indicater. It will move you to the note. (In mine this is really just a hyperlink and therefore works the same as any other.)
To get back, call up the menu and hit the back button.

Yes, that is how it works for me.

HarryT
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Having no "back" facility from a hyperlink is a problem which many reading devices have. Assuming your device has a "goto page x" facility (most do), all you have to do is make a mental note of the page number before jumping to the endnote, and then use that page number to get back to where you were.