View Full Version : Olive Telecom to Dell...Awh how cute your phone is only 5".

=X=
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I want to see the belt clip for this cell phone.

The OlivePad is slated to be released in India next month then, possible roll out to other countries. Below is a quote of the press release and the Engaget story. (To read the press release on Engadget, you'll have to press the <Show Press Release> button.

OLIVE TELECOM LAUNCHES INDIA'S FIRST 3G TABLET
OLIVEPAD-VT100

~ Launches industry's first next-generation Tablet powered by Android ~
Designed as a multi functional device, Olive Pad operates on an Android Operating System and supports 3.5G HSUPA, Wi-fi, and Bluetooth. With an inbuilt three mega pixel camera and a front camera, the Olive Pad can be used as a touch notebook allowing browsing, Multimedia, Instant Messaging and easy access to the world of social networking, GPS for maps and turn by turn directions, gaming console, an e- book reader, Television and it is also a Smart Phone (*) allowing voice and Video Calling. (more... (http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/22/olive-pad-vt100-brings-a-voice-capable-7-inch-android-tablet-to/))
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/07/olive-android-tablet.jpg

(*) Bold emphasis is mine.

HansTWN
07-24-2010, 12:18 AM
The Hua Wei 7" tablet also has 3G. Of course, 7" does not fit into my pants front pocket, 5" does. So it depends where your priorities are. For me 7" is a "non-category". Too small as a tablet, too big as a phone. 5" is a great go everywhere, do anything compromise solution for gadget lovers like me.

Maggie Leung
07-24-2010, 12:47 AM
The Hua Wei 7" tablet also has 3G. Of course, 7" does not fit into my pants front pocket, 5" does. So it depends where your priorities are. For me 7" is a "non-category". Too small as a tablet, too big as a phone. 5" is a great go everywhere, do anything compromise solution for gadget lovers like me.

Same for me, though I don't qualify as a gadget lover. I'm leaning toward the Dell Streak, because it would be handy when I don't bring my iPad. Also would be great to carry one smallish gadget -- including phone and camera -- for everything when needed.

HansTWN
07-24-2010, 04:44 AM
Same for me, though I don't qualify as a gadget lover. I'm leaning toward the Dell Streak, because it would be handy when I don't bring my iPad. Also would be great to carry one smallish gadget -- including phone and camera -- for everything when needed.

It is a sweet device.