View Full Version : Amazon site down...... again?

Skydog
06-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Is it down again or is it just me? I've been trying for the last hour and a half. Hmm....

darthjoey
06-24-2010, 03:13 AM
2:13 EDT - It's up for me anyway.

Skydog
06-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Well, thanks for checking. I cannot load Amazon's website at all in either Firefox or IE. No problems with any other sites - only Amazon. Never any problems 'till now. No updates or config changes. Any ideas? No book window shopping for me. :( Error message:

Firefox: Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Pushka
06-24-2010, 04:52 AM
I have been on it a lot today.

Skydog
06-24-2010, 05:06 AM
I have been on it a lot today.

Me too. But as of this evening, I can no longer access Amazon's site at all and it is a big problem for me.

Pushka
06-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I was on there 10 minutes ago. Maybe your Internet ISP is the issue?

tlrowley
06-24-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm assuming your problems have been solved since yesterday, but I just wanted to point you at a very useful site -

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It was very helpful when our ISP was having a spate of problems.

Skydog
06-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm assuming your problems have been solved since yesterday, but I just wanted to point you at a very useful site -

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It was very helpful when our ISP was having a spate of problems.

Thank you - yes, I am familiar with that site. Odd, since Amazon was the only site that was unavailable. I gave up after five hours of no access, but AZ was up this morning. :blink:

SensualPoet
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
FWIW, I can't recall the Amazon site being actually offline ever during (is it ten years yet?) of browsing and shopping. Amazon is the 800 lb Gorilla of Cloud Computing technology as well ... it is a significant part of the corporation's revenue selling service to other clients ... for Amazon to be "down" must be very, very rare.

darthjoey
06-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, wasn't it down for a little bit when those Chinese hackers attacked Amazon and Google a few months ago?

Skydog
06-25-2010, 01:35 AM
It was indeed down a couple of months ago, but other than that I have never heard or experienced any trouble until last night. BTW, I tested on four different computers and two different ISPs. All sites I tried loaded normally, just not AZ.

Strange.

BVLarson
06-25-2010, 02:58 AM
No problems with Amazon. But I could just strangle my cable ISP...