Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Converting PDF - FB2 issue (0.72)

I have been trying to convert PDF files to FB2. It generally works ok, but the conversion process is adding in text at each page boundary.

ie after every source page it is adding text like this.....

....text..... 2 / 159
Charlaine Harris, A Fool And His Honey (1999)
Aurora Teagarden #6
....text.....

(where ...text... is normal novel text).

I am presuming this is the header/footer text from the PDF. I got the java program BRISS to crop all the pages - removing the headers and footers from the PDF files.

BRISS seems to work just fine. I can look at the generated PDF file and no headers or footers. Basically just text - so it should convert over nicely.

But when I import the new cropped PDF file, I still get the headers and footers inserted!

There are no real options in Calibre when importing from PDF.

Any suggestions?

I have read somewhere that BRISS simply 'hides' the headers and footers - if this is so, perhaps Calibre is not respecting this 'hidden' feature?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
....text..... 2 / 159
Charlaine Harris, A Fool And His Honey (1999)
Aurora Teagarden #6
....text.....

I have read somewhere that BRISS simply 'hides' the headers and footers - if this is so, perhaps Calibre is not respecting this 'hidden' feature?
If you want the PDF converted then there is no such thing as hiding the footers or headers through the conversion process.

There are folks here with experience removing footers/headers via calibre hopefully someone will have the energy to help out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you want the PDF converted then there is no such thing as hiding the footers or headers through the conversion process.

There are folks here with experience removing footers/headers via calibre hopefully someone will have the energy to help out.
I have since found a commercial program that strips out the headers and footers from PDF files. Very nicely too. It is Solid Converter PDF (V6). Works well.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Mobipocket Creator is free and can also do the job.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote