View Full Version : Inept and Windows 7 64 bit version

suecsi
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry to start a new thread but the 2 'circumvented' threads are so long now and this is probably a simple question.

I am thinking of buying a new pc and the one I like from Dell comes with Windows 7 64 bit edition. It's just a standard home one.

I've seen some references - beyond my technical understanding I'm afraid :o that refer to 32 bit Python vs 64 bit Python.

I am currently running Vista Home Premium with all the Python bits needed to make things work.

Is Windows 7 only a 64 bit OS and is it possible to get the Inept scripts working on it?

joblack
04-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Sorry to start a new thread but the 2 'circumvented' threads are so long now and this is probably a simple question.

I am thinking of buying a new pc and the one I like from Dell comes with Windows 7 64 bit edition. It's just a standard home one.

I've seen some references - beyond my technical understanding I'm afraid :o that refer to 32 bit Python vs 64 bit Python.

I am currently running Vista Home Premium with all the Python bits needed to make things work.

Is Windows 7 only a 64 bit OS and is it possible to get the Inept scripts working on it?

Windows 7 64 Bit has a 32 bit compatibility mode so if you install the 32 bit python and pycrypt version you will be fine.

Alternatively you could install Windows 7 32 Bit version but I see no real need for that.

suecsi
04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Thanks joblack, so I can have the same setup as I currently have - excellent!

Many thanks!