Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Case & Skin

I must not have been around for awhile, because I can't find the Kindle Accessories sub-forum anymore. Hopefully this will be the correct area to post this sort of thing these days, but anyway just thought I'd show off my new creation.

Obviously the case is an Oberon (Tree of Life, in Saddle) and the skin is from MyTego, a custom image.

Just an FYI, MyTego estimates a 1 month delivery time (1 week production and 3 week 'letter mail' shipping). In truth it took exactly 3 months for my skin to arrive, with ZERO contact from the company until a week before it arrived. It almost got to the point where I thought I had been ripped off. I love the end results, but 3 months is just too long to wait for a simple sticker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Back.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	985.5 KB
ID:	49417 Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Front.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	961.0 KB
ID:	49418
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
We've had a forum overhaul recently: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77207

That skin look great with the cover - but 3 months?!
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
It looks awesome. Love the Oberon cover
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup 3 months, to the day I believe. I was literally going to request a refund the very next day because I was so ticked off about the situation. I thought a month was long enough (I got a custom LEATHER Oberon cover in less time than that) so I can't for the life of me imagine why a sticker would take 3 months to produce and arrive.

Thanks though you two!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
quite stunning! that delay is rather odd though huh?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If the sticker was made in China, I have no idea where it was produced, the factories were pretty much shut down for part of February and March because of Chinese New Year. I had a preorder on an electronic device for my home theatre that was delayed several weeks because the factory shut down for Chinese New Year.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
Exer
I see Russia!

Based in and shipped from Canada, and I'm in Alaska so you'd think it wouldn't take too long. Not 3 months anyway. By the feedback on their Facebook page though I can see I'm far from the first person this happened to.

It seems that some folks had to wait upwards of 4 months for their skin.

Tags
case, mytego, oberon, skin, tree of life