View Full Version : Entourage vs Kindle DX

geekraver
03-28-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who owns both of these or has owned both at one time. Which do you favor and why?

mgmueller
03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who owns both of these or has owned both at one time. Which do you favor and why?

I've only briefly checked Edge from a friend. Nothing for me. Way too bulky. I want to have a reader, not a kind of sub-notebook.
I think, you simply can't compare the two. Different target groups, different capabilities.

devseev
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I have a Kindle DX and am looking forward to getting my eDGe this week. I expect to be selling my Kindle DX shortly thereafter. I work almost exclusively with image-based PDFs and need to annotate and multitask as I read, so the eDGe is pretty much the only game in town for me, aside from an ultra-expensive tablet PC like the Lenovo x201. I don't expect the weight to be an issue because I'd mostly have it resting on my desk or my lap anyway.

I created a table comparing features of Kindle DX, eDGe, iPAD and tablet, take a look: http://u.nu/8snk7

borisb
03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Something to keep in mind if you're wondering about how to use the Journal while reading a PDF: if you double click the "Camera" tool in the PDF, you get a full colour copy of the page on the LCD side. You can then switch to the Journal and write your notes while looking at the PDF page on the LCD side. (Of course, you could also open the PDF in the PDF-to-Go app on the LCD side, I guess.)

sonict72
03-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Kindle DX - Lighter, cheaper books, great battery life
Entourage Edge - Much better PDF support, Wacom digitizer, Open SDK, Android apps, SD support, USB support, built in microphone, camera, WIFI, and just about everything else. And I don't find anything great about Kindle's free 3G support. It's almost useless because its built in browser is so awful.