View Full Version : Slipped Sipping Date?

aleks
03-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Did anyone else notice that on the devices web page it says that new orders will ship week of April 5th? I wonder if this is for new orders or orders placed since the initial shipment went out? I ordered mine on 12 Feb and hope to get it within the next few days.

Aleks

borisb
03-25-2010, 11:42 AM
They did that with the Feb 26 shipment, too, when they sold out the first lot. It's for any *new* orders placed after the date when they changed it to read "will ship week of April 5". Orders placed before that should ship tomorrow as a rule.

aleks
03-25-2010, 11:53 AM
That is good news!

pricecw
03-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I just noticed my credit card was authorized, so I expect shipping anytime now.

--Carl

Jen Franklin
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
My order still says "Processing" on the entourage site. However I asked a question about the shipping date on facebook and received this reply:
Hi Jen - Our next shipment will go out at the end of this week. If anything changes, we will let our customers know

So I am still hopeful!

pricecw
03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I just looked again, mine has

Processing - Order Partially Authorized

I ordered on 1/20/2010.

If I see another change, I will try and update here. It has been changing the last couple of days, went from Processing, to Processing - Awaiting Partial Authorization, to Processing - Order Partially Authorized. I am hopeful to see a ship (or partial shipment) soon. I think the partial is due to ordering accessories with the eDGe, and them possibly not being in stock, but I don't know for sure.

--Carl

Jen Franklin
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Carl,
My husband ordered mine on 2/13, and my order has consistently said "processing" for at least a week. So maybe I should be less hopeful. Did you get an email asking you to confirm that you still want it? I know that happens sometimes when you preorder an item but we have not received one.

pricecw
03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Nope, no e-mail. I assume they are starting the processing on the orders as they came in, again, I am assuming a lot, since I have no insight into this company, but have seen this type of thing before. Start the processing/packaging for shipment in the order they came in. I was a little worried it would be longer, with the amount of demand. I am still hopeful to see it shipped this week.

I would guess they have limited resources to get from the incoming shipment, process the orders, and get them ready for shipment. I wonder if they were equipped to handle the demand as say an amazon, being a small company, initial product, and the pre-order demand skyrockets!

I have dabbled with this type of tech going on 10-15 yrs now. I played with a lot of different devices and didn't like them, so with e-ink, I have been watching it since the first research papers introduced it to the tech world (IEEE journals was the first place I read about it). I have been tempted a few times, but devices never had what I was looking for, this was the first device I felt hit my needs at a price I was willing to pay (iRex came close). So I am eager to get my hands on this one, I waited just a little to long to order (wanted to hear the reports from CES before placing), to get the first batch.

Anyway, I am eagerly awaiting the notice that says it shipped!

--Carl

businessmom
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I currently own a Kindle 2 and I am anxiously awaiting my Entourage Edge. My status says Processing... order authorized, I was hoping they would ship on Thursday so that I would receive them tomorrow ( yes I paid for over night shipping) unfortunately it won't arrive until Monday because Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturdays except when Saturday shipping is used. More waiting :( Is anyone else this anxious or is it just me?

sonict72
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Mine still just says "processing." And I am becoming quite concerned that it might not ship tomorrow. I have dropped them several emails and phone calls but I have received no responses. At this point, I am willing to switch color to just to get it shipped tomorrow. I am still hopeful but it's not looking all that good. Needlessly to say, I am quite anxious to get mine.

kevin

Jen Franklin
03-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Kevin, mine stll says "processing" as well. Mine was ordered on 2/13 and it is red. I noticed on the google edge fan forum someone else who still has "processing" also ordered red. I wonder if that is the difference?

borisb
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Keep in mind that enTourage currently has to order fixed quantities of each colour weeks ahead of time - mostly of the dark blue, of course, but still fixed. They're still starting up and don't have a steady shipment of units coming from the manufacturer into the warehouse.

Having to order ahead of time means you have to pick and choose quantities, and you can't order tons and tons because you have to mind your cashflow, right?

This means that depending on the number of orders for a given colour, a colour can sell out sooner than others. And it sounds like red has become more popular than enTourage anticipated. I would expect the April 5 shipment should cover these sell-outs from this batch.

I don't know when, but eventually I would think enTourage will be able to set up a continuous supply of units from the manufacturer, and we'll be into the happy days of "order today, ships tomorrow, arrives the next day" bliss :-)

Meanwhile, having gone through this myself in February, I do suggest patience - your unit will come, and you'll be happy with it when it does!

Jen Franklin
03-26-2010, 04:31 PM
It would just be nice to know what is going on. I asked on their facebook page and was told that customers would be notified if there was a change. It would have made sense to notify everyone prior to the day that it was supposed to ship.

CheyenneDonna
03-26-2010, 05:48 PM
According to a post on
http://groups.google.com/group/entourage-edge-fan-forum
shipping is held up by the devices being held in customs. Apparently shipping sometime next week.:(

I received an email from enTourage stating "Rather than shipping today as expected, most devices will now be shipping either Monday, March 29, or Tuesday, March 30"

Jen Franklin
03-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I really hope they upgrade our shipping so that we can get them a little closer to the time that was promised.

borisb
03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Wow - enTourage is late by just one or two business days and we have a murderous mob. Yikes! How quickly we forget that in February they shipped a day *early*. Most companies would be getting a break because delays just simply happen sometimes. I do encourage my fellow customers to chill out a bit - it's not the end of the world! :-)

Jen Franklin
03-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Boris,
I think the problem is (at least for myself) that I have a facebook message with one date, an email message with two possible dates and now I suddenly have one item in my shopping cart with a ship date of 4/5. That doesn't make me a part of a murderous mob, but it does make me question their customer support. I worry that if there is a problem with my unit, will they be able to help remedy it? $500 is a lot of money for me, and I put a lot of research into this purchase. The thing that I liked most about this company was it's responsiveness to questions. With their "Community" page, Facebook page and responsiveness to emailed questions I felt comfortable that they would be able to handle problems that popped up. Now I wonder about that.

I'm glad that you got your unit early, and it certainly isn't the end of the world if I don't. But with $500 on the line, I would be a fool not to worry.

borisb
03-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Jen,

I spent a lot of time crafting this response. I even wondered if I should bother. I doubted I could say anything in the face of people who desperately wanted satisfaction and weren't getting it. I ended up erasing most if it and reducing it to the following.

In my opinion there's no need to worry.

This isn't vapourware. Units have shipped in past weeks. The product has been verified and approved of by real customers, not just a handful of reviewers looking at a couple of prototypes. And these customers have been very happy with their eDGe, even with some shortcomings. enTourage does respond to customer inquiries, complaints and suggestions. Their eBook store works. They have a good Support site.

Realize that the risk was taken by us in the February batch who only had promises, not by customers in the March batch who have the benefit of first hand reviews and comments by the February customers. The March batch has the same eDGe model as the February batch, so why worry that you might not get what you've diligently researched?

When you get your eDGe this week, you'll understand :-)

- Boris

borisb
03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
FYI: Gizmodo is reporting that "First Run of iPads Sold Out, Ship Date For New Orders Pushed To April 12" http://gizmodo.com/5503473/first-run-of-ipads-sold-out-ship-date-for-new-orders-pushed-to-april-12. Has a familiar ring to it, doesn't it? :-)

mgk
03-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi All,

I'm also disappointed by the extra wait, but actually think it will work out better. By getting it later in the week, I'll have less time until the weekend when I can REALLY start using it and getting to know it better! (Fortunately it needs to be charged first or I'd probably stay up until the wee hours playing with it right away!)

mgk

pricecw
03-27-2010, 11:48 PM
I am disappointed, but do not blame entourage. I work in the tech field, and when we get new boards in, the procurement people always give us the day it is expected, but warn about customs. Anytime something comes through, it can be hung up. You can have 10 shipments fly through customs, and then one gets caught and held up for no real reason.

Personally, I have been eager get my hands on this, but will not blame entourage for this one.

--Carl

mgm1979
03-28-2010, 12:03 AM
yeah, you can't fault entourage here at all...customs can arbitrarily hold something up whenever they want, doesn't matter what company is behind it - inherent risk with overseas production, that's all there is to it.

borisb
03-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I've checked with enTourage and the shipment has cleared Customs and shipments to customers will indeed commence Monday. Because of the volume of orders, some will ship Tuesday. This means emails with your tracking number will reach your inbox sometime Monday or Tuesday (since it's shipping from California, it can be late into the evening, Eastern time).

So, eDGe bliss is just a few days away, everyone!

pricecw
03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Has anyone seen theirs ship? I keep seeing awaiting shipping, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a ship notification.

--Carl

soilwork
03-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Has anyone seen theirs ship? I keep seeing awaiting shipping, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a ship notification.

--Carl

I ordered on Feb/28 and I got shipment notification by email this morning around 8:30am (CA time). Since the shipment center is located in CA, hopefully, I will get it in one or two days. :)

borisb
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I know of several people who have received their tracking numbers this morning. Their Fedex tracking page shows the units actually went out late last night.

If you haven't received your tracking number this morning, you'll get it later today (or first thing tomorrow morning) as the rest are supposed to ship out of the California warehouse today.

pricecw
03-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I ordered on Feb/28 and I got shipment notification by email this morning around 8:30am (CA time). Since the shipment center is located in CA, hopefully, I will get it in one or two days. :)

OK, the delay I could handle when it was customs, but this sucks, I ordered on Jan/20, and have not got a shipping notice, and the order is still awaiting shipment on entourage's webpage.

Things out of their control is fine, but not doing an ordered shipment is not in my mind. FIFO queue for pre-orders in normal. Guess I am just ranting. Anyway, back to waiting.

--Carl

borisb
03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
If the order says "Awaiting Shipment" then it means your order is going to ship today.

Tom Conklin of enTourage posted some detailed information here: http://groups.google.com/group/entourage-edge-fan-forum/msg/bfeeb13c35ce4bac?hl=en.

As in the February shipment, emails with the tracking number tend to go out early the morning after the day the units shipped, so you might not get your status update & email until early tomorrow morning since it's shipping today.

pricecw
03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Boris, that's what I expect too. I just found the google group, and it is nice that Tom is posting. Actually that is good.

What is frustrating, being one of the earliest orders for this shipment, but being the last out of the warehouse (my CC cleared last week).

Still a fan, just frustrated and venting on this point.

--Carl

borisb
03-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Ah, yes, I know that feeling :-)

I remember getting quite upset at Fedex because they took a day longer to get my eDGe to me where I live than I considered necessary. Despite the excruciating pain, I survived and got the eDGe the next day (and to be fair to Fedex, their service terms did allow up to 3 days on my shipment), and my pain was immediately forgotten :-)

businessmom
03-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I received my Edge today this morning at 11:00 am. I have yet to have a chance to unbox and play with it but I am very excited. I have yet to see an unboxing video so I will be posting one tonight. I am so happy its finally here.

mgk
03-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Mine is here too.

I paid for the overnight and didn't want to look this morning since it wasn't showing as shipped last night at 11 pm when I checked (even though units left the warehouse at 3:45 pm). But it looks like they are getting the orders out the door first, then trying to get emails out to everyone with their shipping numbers.

So don't be discouraged yet, it may just be the paperwork hasn't caught up with your order and your unit is halfway there already!

mgk

pricecw
03-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Well it just came up as shipped. Hopefully it is not to long getting to me!

Batman Jr.
03-30-2010, 06:40 PM
I received my Edge today this morning at 11:00 am. I have yet to have a chance to unbox and play with it but I am very excited. I have yet to see an unboxing video so I will be posting one tonight. I am so happy its finally here.

businessmom,

Congrats on Christmas in March!;) I'll be eager to see your video review. Take care.

pricecw
03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Got mine today, trying to get it to register now.

--Carl