View Full Version : The perils of the ebook reader: P-book guilt

Bookbee
03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Anyone experienced p-book guilt? You'll recognise it - it feels like cheating in a relationship (I would imagine). Do ebooks sense that you're reading a paper book?

I got a freebie p-book from work last week and had to hide my Kindle away in the cupboard. Have I gone mad? Probably.

I wrote a post on it at my blog www.bookbee.net

Cheers

JD

leebase
03-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Not me. Good riddens to dead tree books.

Lee

delphidb96
03-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Anyone experienced p-book guilt? You'll recognise it - it feels like cheating in a relationship (I would imagine). Do ebooks sense that you're reading a paper book?

I got a freebie p-book from work last week and had to hide my Kindle away in the cupboard. Have I gone mad? Probably.

I wrote a post on it at my blog www.bookbee.net

Cheers

JD

*Reverse* p-book guilt here. That's right, I have to hide any p-books so my K2s don't get pissed at me. :D

Derek

K-Thom
03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
I keep my reading devices on the top shelf where my books won't reach them. So, as long as my books don't learn how to climb, my Kindle et al should be safe.

Paper books are like parents. You take care of them when they get older. But it's my eInk relationship which keeps me young and crisp.

* remind me to call my shrink next week ...

Ravensknight
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
My 505 and I have come to an "agreement". I read most of my books on it and it works without giving me hassles. For my pbook indiscretions, I just beg forgiveness and argue that I'm a manly reader and that is what manly readers do, it is in the genes baby ;-X

kindlekitten
03-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I've had a pbook haunting me for a little over a year that needs to be read. I see it and go find alcohol

jgaiser
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Nope.. No guilt. My Kindle and my Pbooks share my life. I even read pbooks that are available on my kindle... :bookworm:

Ravensknight
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Nope.. No guilt. My Kindle and my Pbooks share my life. I even read pbooks that are available on my kindle... :bookworm:

Guess you 3 have a very "open" relationship, eh?

HansTWN
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Guess you 3 have a very "open" relationship, eh?

Or he is a Mormon.

alecE
03-25-2010, 07:43 AM
I've established a ménage à trois with my liseuse, my p-books et moi; trouble is the other two keep huddling together on the bookshelves whispering and giggling, looking at me then giggling again (and I keep hearing these voices.....)

Graham
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm sure my p-books don't know about my reader. I think I've been so careful. Oh... perhaps everyone knows but me...

Sydney's Mom
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
I have bought many of my to be read pbooks in electronic form and put them on my kindle. Does that make me a bigamist?

grooks
03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
What's a pbook? I haven't seen or touched one of those in the two years I've owned my Sony.

cearbhallain
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I have bought many of my to be read pbooks in electronic form and put them on my kindle. Does that make me a bigamist?

Is the penalty having more than one book?

GhostHawk
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Nope, my wife still messes around with paper some days. Me I'd rather read it on my Ereader.