View Full Version : High quailty ebooks

jduvall
03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
What are some really high quality stores to buy ebooks from? I've heard mixed reviews of both kindle and sony stores.

Sorry if this is already posted I didnt see it anywhere

Edit: By high quality I mean fewer typos and bad editing than avg

Terisa de morgan
03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm afraid the stores aren't the problem (they don't create the e-book) but the publishers, sorry.

fugazied
03-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Basically what Terisa said, I've bought from numerous sources and have seen bad formatting from all of them.

You could probably find more of a correlation between publishers and mistakes, Harper Collins books have been fairly decent in my experience. Problem is if you want a certain book and it's created by a certain publisher you have to put up with the mistakes.

jduvall
03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the input I'm still trying to figure all this ebook stuff out theres a lot to know

starrigger
03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Actually, in my experience with ebook publishing, most of the formatting is done by the resellers not the publishers--so you'll see differences between Fictionwise and Amazon, for example, on the same books. That can affect the appearance of the books, spacing between paragraphs, etc. As for typos and editing, that's on the publisher's head, as others have said.

When my own novel Sunborn came out, not long ago, as an official Tor ebook, I downloaded some samples to do a quality check and noticed that a typo from the hardcover had carried over, even though I'd gotten it corrected for the paperback.