View Full Version : Help me find my ideal PDF viewer

Spankypoo
03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
1. It needs to be able to insert a blank page at the beginning, so I'm not always off by one page.
2. It needs to be able to display it full screen (completely full screen, not just maximized), and it needs to be able to do it in a 2-up (facing) layout. I've used PDF readers which do the former, but haven't ever found one that supports a facing layout in full-screen mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

garbanzo
03-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Foxit Phantom can show facing pages in full screen. you can even do 3 or more if you have a wide screen.

not sure about blank page though...

WillAdams
03-19-2010, 10:34 AM
1. should be fixable by choosing ``Show cover page during two-up''

2. I believe may be addressed in the Glassbook ebook reader --- if you can find a copy and are willing to accept being able to view only older formats of .pdfs

William

Steven Lyle Jordan
03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
If you buy a tablet PC (or MAC), Adobe Acrobat pro will allow you to do those things. I don't know if lesser devices (netbooks, iPad, etc) will run Acrobat Pro.

pilotbob
03-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you talking about Software for PCs? Or a certain device?

FoxIt reader does full screen and facing pages. It also allows you to edit the pages... not sure about adding one... but I don't have the editor component installed... so it may allow it. I'm not sure if the editing component is free like the viewer is.

BOb

Spankypoo
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks, guys, for the suggestions.