View Full Version : Day or Night Mode?

Lemurion
03-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Just a thought that popped into my head. Do more readers (on devices that support it) prefer day or night mode for reading?

Hellmark
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
It really depends on the display. on eink, I prefer a light background, but on LCD generally a dark background. I switched to eink because my eyes are generally really light sensitive, and a white background hurts to look at. I'm a commandline junkie at both work and home, and the other day I had to use a Ubuntu machine with the default settings, and when I pulled up the terminal the white background of the window physically hurt to look at until I changed it to the more traditional white text and black background. Was pretty much the same when I read on my N800, although dimming the display generally helped.

DixieGal
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Day. If multiple choice, also prefer pie.

Tamara
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM
In the daytime, I use a parchment colored background with sepia text and at night I use night mode.

sianon
03-16-2010, 03:33 AM
i prefer the night mode on my iphone which also allows for reading inbright sunlight

Sweetpea
03-16-2010, 03:54 AM
If I read in the dark, I prefer my LCD (transflective or transmissive) screen, with the backlight turned all the way down, with a black background and gray lettering.

When I read on my transflective screen in a well-lit environment (I won't use my transmissive screen there), I turn off the backlight, and change to a ivory background with black letters. The e-ink screen, with the somewhat grayish background, fits perfectly with my desired colour scheme (I don't like white backgrounds, I don't even like pure white paper in books...)

GhostHawk
03-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Pie!

Night mode seriously messes with my head.

Tattncat
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
It depends on the reader. E-ink; I prefer light background, dark lettering. Back lit screens (i.e. iTouch); I tend to prefet dark background with light lettering.

Xanthe
03-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Pie.

No day/night option on my reader.

catsittingstill
03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Depends. Day for bright light, night for low light. Also like e-ink which has no night mode; use headlamp.

If multiple multiple choice, also pie. Huckleberry or chocolate cream.

PDS
03-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Always use night, I have an eye condition that makes me extremely photophobic so the balck screen really works for me.

foghat
03-17-2010, 11:47 PM
In the daytime, I use a parchment colored background with sepia text and at night I use night mode.

That is what I use too. However, at night, I still use the parchment and sepia and just turn down the brightness.