View Full Version : PDF zoom for the edge

PGA
03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
How is the PDF zoom function on the Entourage edge? If you were to scan a few pages from a Textbook how able is the Edge to zoom in and turn the pages on this device? Can you save the zoom function when going through the pages or do you have to re-zoom every page like the sony? Also how is the brightness and contrast of the e-reader screen?

zetareticuli
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
The zoom feature is excellent. It works a lot like a PDF reader on a PC. The brightness and contrast of the screen are great in my opinion. The viewing angles are excellent. Zoom is retained as you page through the same document. If you open a different document, the zoom goes back to default. My experience reading complex PDF files on the eDGe (scientific papers with graphs, tables, equations, etc) is excellent. The only problem I have with it is its weight. It is a netbook more than an ebook reader.

paulckennedy
03-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I am highly interested in the Software Update coming next week. I am really looking for better power management and I am hoping that the mini-usb will be fixed.

zetareticuli
03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Me too. Hopefully, all those issues are addressed in the update.

osama_jamal
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
The zoom feature is excellent. It works a lot like a PDF reader on a PC. The brightness and contrast of the screen are great in my opinion. The viewing angles are excellent. Zoom is retained as you page through the same document. If you open a different document, the zoom goes back to default. My experience reading complex PDF files on the eDGe (scientific papers with graphs, tables, equations, etc) is excellent. The only problem I have with it is its weight. It is a netbook more than an ebook reader.

Persistent Zooming! Way to go eDGe!! Really impressed.

Batman Jr.
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Me too. Hopefully, all those issues are addressed in the update.

Were you guys under the impression that the update was announced as coming *this* week (i.e., by the 19th)?

osama_jamal
03-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Does the Edge support panning while reading? like can you zoom into an area, pan to another, zoom out then flip?
I mean something like the iRex iLiad?