View Full Version : .XRF

Greenjeans
02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the .XRF format? Particularly I am looking for a way to convert STEP books to the .XRF format. Thanks for any advice.

desertgrandma
02-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Welcome to MobileRead, greenjeans.

Hopefully, someone will step in soon with an answer.......

DaleDe
02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the .XRF format? Particularly I am looking for a way to convert STEP books to the .XRF format. Thanks for any advice.

STEP books often have DRM which may make conversion difficult. What application uses XRF? A search of that format did not reveal the application and its use is not standard unless it is for maps. I also see it as a report format for xcel files and and an acronym for Cross Reference files. None of these match the idea of translating a STEP file.

Dale

Greenjeans
02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
The Wordsearch program (which in earlier version was a STEP reader) has gone to that format. You are right that it stands for Cross Reference Files. This library program does a great job of cross-referencing all the books when searching for a particular subject. When installing the program, it appeared to convert the STEP books that I had. Evidently, it just replaced them, I had bee hoping to be able to convert the STEP books that I had purchased elsewhere. Thanks for the response.

DaleDe
02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
The Wordsearch program (which in earlier version was a STEP reader) has gone to that format. You are right that it stands for Cross Reference Files. This library program does a great job of cross-referencing all the books when searching for a particular subject. When installing the program, it appeared to convert the STEP books that I had. Evidently, it just replaced them, I had bee hoping to be able to convert the STEP books that I had purchased elsewhere. Thanks for the response.

Wordsearch as gone to the CROSS format. When you load it they will offer to find your old STEP books and replace them with CROSS versions. It is not a conversion but a substitution. In some cases they do not have the same document however. There is a Wordsearch program you can run to find and perform this substitution. I do have some Step books that didn't convert but I have been unable to convert them short of copy/paste techniques.

Dale

Greenjeans
02-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Dale, I appreciate the answer.