Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
mudhall
mudhall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader 600
Geezer need help

Bought my Daughter a Sony PRS 500 and she has bought many books. I liked the concept and her choice of book.. so bought a PRS 600 and got her to email me some of her books can't read them same company different formats why!
How can I convert her format to mine and vice versa.
please keep it simple I was born in the olden days
mudhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Hi Mudhall and welcome to MobileRead.

The PRS-600 will read all the file formats that the PRS-500 can read. Sounds more like a DRM issue as you said that she bought those books. Your reader would need to either be set as an authorised device on her account, or she would need to get the DRM stripped.

If these books are in the ePub format, then stripping the DRM is relatively easy to do, but if they are in the LRX format, I don't yet know if LRX DRM has been cracked yet.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi mudhall, welcome to MR!

(from one geezer to another )
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
mudhall
mudhall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader 600
thanks

Makes sense, too simple, next time will hook to her computer join and down load , then she can remove me from her network until i visit again, I tried to make it difficult, Make me feel like a DA.

The DRF,LRX MFS jargon went right past me. my brain hasn't been "cracked" yet

Thanks very much Ghosty Jack
mudhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mudhall.

We were all where you are now once, so hang in there, keep asking questions and you'll figure it out

Trust me.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
If she bought them from the Sony store, then they are protected by software so that only the devices registered to the purchasing account will be able to read them.

So in short, if you guys don't have the same account, then even if you hook up to her computer you still will not be able to read her books.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
oddly bodkins
Enthusiast
oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak Pocket Pro, Palm Zire 72, IPad 2
Hi mudhall,

Don't feel bad. There are a lot of formats and rights issues involved in ebooks, but I think it's worth it.

Your daughter should be able to authorize up to five readers on her account, if that is an option for you. If not, and you don't want an account of your own, there are a ton of free ebooks on here for you to try. Just click onto this link -

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132

and look for the forums labeled epub or bbeb. You can download a book from there and be reading in no time.
oddly bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote