View Full Version : DRM Remover

wertheym
02-06-2010, 08:09 AM
DRM REMOVER - Has ANY ONE found a good DRM remover for EPUB files?
thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Thornton
02-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I think that there's a mobile read policy not to post such things on the forum, but you might try googling "icabbages drm", and see what you find.

netseeker
02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, i second what Ben said.

wertheym, if you are still uncertain on our guidelines then make yourself familiar with them here (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_posting_guidelines) please.

Michael

Pardoz
02-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Would that be for .epub files or for .epub files? Keeping in mind that software that removes DRM from .epub files or .epub files won't do you any good in a month or so if you're looking to remove DRM from .epub files.

Unlike most other e-book formats (Mobi, MS Reader, eReader, etc.) .epub is strictly a file format, it can be (and is) infected with different kinds of DRM by different vendors.

Ben Thornton
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Would that be for .epub files or for .epub files? Keeping in mind that software that removes DRM from .epub files or .epub files won't do you any good in a month or so if you're looking to remove DRM from .epub files.

Unlike most other e-book formats (Mobi, MS Reader, eReader, etc.) .epub is strictly a file format, it can be (and is) infected with different kinds of DRM by different vendors.
That particular one was for .epub files, but there are other methods that can be applied to .epub files, if that's what you're after.

.epub files are, of course, another matter altogether.

JSWolf
02-14-2010, 12:45 PM
DRM REMOVER - Has ANY ONE found a good DRM remover for EPUB files?
thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there is a way to remove the DRM from ePub that uses adept DRM via ADE. The problem however is that Adobe has come out with a new version of ADE (1.7.2) and the program for getting the key is not yet fully working. So as of right now, you'd need to file the current versions of the scripts and have ADE 1.7.1.

wertheym
02-16-2010, 07:45 AM
JON thanks for your advice. How and where can I get/download the ADE 1.7.1 ?

JSWolf
02-19-2010, 03:42 PM
JON thanks for your advice. How and where can I get/download the ADE 1.7.1 ?

Actually, you no longer need 1.7.1 as the scripts have been updated for 1.7.2. So go have a look here (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39423) for the how to get the scripts you need.