Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Astak website decorations

It's no longer christmas, might be an idea to remove the christmas decorations...
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Christmas in February!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
It's no longer christmas, might be an idea to remove the christmas decorations...
Dear Omro:

I know!! Yes, we need to get rid of the Christmas decorations.

Iris was forced to return to live in Taiwan and she handled all of this. Let me see how we can make the changes and become more current looking!!

You ARE right!! It must be done!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
It's also nice to know that the PocketPro will be $199 thru October.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes,it is good the price will stay for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It's also nice to know that the PocketPro will be $199 thru October.
Dear John:

At least thru February!

I have talked to Ruby and she will get the websmaster to remove the Christmas decorations and maybe put up valentine hearts!!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
and then easter chicks or bunnies, whichever you north american types prefer.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Robertb

Changes being made to website decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
and then easter chicks or bunnies, whichever you north american types prefer.
Dear All:

Changes are either done or in the process. We are getting rid of Christmas decorations finally. I personally am pushing for July 4th fireworks so we can be early for once.

Several of you sent PM asking us to put a picture of Griffonwing on our website! I wrote Mr. Griffie but no response. He seems to have left our happy forum.

In all seriousness, here is hoping he is alright and returns soon.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Changes are either done or in the process. We are getting rid of Christmas decorations finally. I personally am pushing for July 4th fireworks so we can be early for once.

Several of you sent PM asking us to put a picture of Griffonwing on our website! I wrote Mr. Griffie but no response. He seems to have left our happy forum.

In all seriousness, here is hoping he is alright and returns soon.
Robert
Maybe Astak should forgo USA centric decorations? After all, Astak and this group are International

Seasons (even if they are flipped somewhat on the other side of the Equater) and Scenics (places where people are using their readers. G rated, of course ) might be safer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
Robertb

Not really international

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Robert
Maybe Astak should forgo USA centric decorations? After all, Astak and this group are International

Seasons (even if they are flipped somewhat on the other side of the Equater) and Scenics (places where people are using their readers. G rated, of course ) might be safer.
Dear Duckey:

It is a valid point but Astak is (regarding eBook Readers) only North and South America. We will ship internationally... but that is only on the www.astak.com website.

I think our site is a bit less than interesting anyway. We are hiring a replacement for Iris anyway (who, sadly, had to return to Taiwan to help her family). I expect after a month or so of getting their feet wet... a full redesign of www.theEZreader.com may be in order. It lacks room,the way it is now, to put up banners and promotions; and some writing blocks other words. It works... but I do not see it as very serviceable.

Besides, new devices are coming and we will need to get them up on the website with the Pocket PRO in two months. And, I am not overjoyed about the use of "flash". I think we should redesign with more color and more pictures showing the devices in use and being enjoyed. I am only one voice here... but I think the existing website is certainly not optimum. I would give it a "2" on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being "outstanding".
Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Besides, new devices are coming and we will need to get them up on the website with the Pocket PRO in two months. And, I am not overjoyed about the use of "flash". I think we should redesign with more color and more pictures showing the devices in use and being enjoyed. I am only one voice here... but I think the existing website is certainly not optimum. I would give it a "2" on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being "outstanding".
Robert, I agree the current website is not optimum. If you happen to have a chance to pass on suggestions/ideas to the new developer when they start, can you put forward the proposal to make the website work correctly in Firefox?

Currently when I browse through the order page using FF I can select any of the EZReaders for purchase, but batteries do not show (and possibly booklight as well - kind of makes me wonder what I might be missing when checking out your website). This page works correctly under Internet Explorer. Given Firefox has 25% of the browser market versus 60% of Internet Explorer, might be a valuable suggestion.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #10
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Robert, I agree the current website is not optimum. If you happen to have a chance to pass on suggestions/ideas to the new developer when they start, can you put forward the proposal to make the website work correctly in Firefox?

Currently when I browse through the order page using FF I can select any of the EZReaders for purchase, but batteries do not show (and possibly booklight as well - kind of makes me wonder what I might be missing when checking out your website). This page works correctly under Internet Explorer. Given Firefox has 25% of the browser market versus 60% of Internet Explorer, might be a valuable suggestion.
Solicitous, I totally agree with you on this! I use FF also and the same issues with the Astak site occur. (This had been mentioned earlier in one of the battery threads also.)
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Solicitous, I totally agree with you on this! I use FF also and the same issues with the Astak site occur. (This had been mentioned earlier in one of the battery threads also.)
Battery on the EZReader site? Does not exist if you can't see it.
80% of my friends use Firefox or anything but IE.

I use Firefox 3.x (Windows and Linux)

Lose the M$ specific web stuff.
IE is for getting M$ security updates only
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
I'll pile on for the site not treating Firefox right. Flash has issues, too. It is unstable, resource hungry and doesn't display well on mobile phones.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #13
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Silverlight
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
Locking yourself into a Microsoft non-standard is not a good solution for avoiding an Adobe non-standard.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
Robertb

Get firefox to work with our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post

Dear Solicitous:

Good suggestion and I will send this to our chief engineer right now!