View Full Version : - dialog symbol problem with rtf

Tibor
01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I have quite ebooks in .doc ms-word format. I have just converted them to .rtf and they look ok, but when I open them in the eReader (PRS-505) there is not newline before - dialog symbol. does anybody knows can this be solved?
thanks

DaleDe
01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I have quite ebooks in .doc ms-word format. I have just converted them to .rtf and they look ok, but when I open them in the eReader (PRS-505) there is not newline before - dialog symbol. does anybody knows can this be solved?
thanks

The PC program from Sony can convert doc files directly I believe. You might try that.

Dale

Solitaire1
01-26-2010, 04:46 AM
thanks

The PC program from Sony can convert doc files directly I believe. You might try that.

Dale

According to the Reader Library help files, MS Word files are automatically converted to RTF before they put on your reader if you have MS Word on your system. According to Wikipedia, the Sony Reader doesn't directly MS Word documents, they must be converted to RTF and the reader program takes care of this.

What you many want to do is check the RTF files by opening them in an RTF word processor like Wordpad. That might give you a better idea of what the document looks like, and allow you to find formatting problems.

When working with RTF files, I prefer to work with the files directly rather than relying on a conversion program. In addition to Wordpad, there are a number of word processors that use RTF as their native format, and these might give you better results for your ebooks.