Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Question about SD card support

I just saw this YouTube video where the girl mentions that one needs to use a Class 4 or below SD/SDHC card. Does this mean that if I have a 16 GB Class 6 SDHC card, my Pocket Pro won't recognize it?

If the PP does not support Class 5 or higher cards, when will that support be added?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
I just saw this YouTube video where the girl mentions that one needs to use a Class 4 or below SD/SDHC card. Does this mean that if I have a 16 GB Class 6 SDHC card, my Pocket Pro won't recognize it?

If the PP does not support Class 5 or higher cards, when will that support be added?
That is the official line
My 4G Class 6 works just fine. The faster cards ar supposed to be backwards compatible.
The only number NOT to violate, is the "Maximum size". The software was not configured for larger.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post

There is no class 5. Class 6 works just fine but don't expect Class 6 speed so don't spend more to get a Class 6 device for this reader. What they support does not mean what will work. I think it is unlikely they will ever support Class 6 speeds.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Great that class 6 works. Was worried that I had to go out and buy a class 4 sdhc card as all of my sdhc cards are class 6.

Thanks for the quick answers theducks and DaleDe!
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
My 16G Transcend Class 6 works fine too...
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Some info dies only with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erosco View Post
My 16G Transcend Class 6 works fine too...
Dear erosco and all:

My 16 GB TEAM Class 6 works great also on the Pocket PRO. I remember that at the start the factory said "use class 4". People got the message but the factory never updated on that message. It takes a while for people to realize that the info has changed!!

I apologize for the confusion!!

Thank you, erosco, for your post!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Class 6 can be handy if you put books onto it using a built in card reader on your pc/laptop that supports higher speeds.. Copying lots of books takes time :-)

Agree that in the PocketPro (reading books) the class isn't going to help you at all.

Also, having a large file number of files does slow down a restart of the PocketPro; I'd guess about 1~2 seconds per 1000 files.

Cheers
erosco

Last edited by erosco; 01-21-2010 at 09:42 PM.
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote