Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
emt
Nameless Being

Help - Big Issues w/Latest Firmware

I just upgraded my 5" EZReader Pro to latest FW from Astak Site and:

1. Clock does not retain setting after power off/on cycle and reverts back to 12:00 and October 11, 2009

2. Contrast - can't increase it - how do you do it?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 01-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
1. No big problem. There is rarely any reason to turn it off. Just lock the keyboard. It uses little power unless you are turning pages.

2. Was there ever a contrast control? I just don't remember seeing one. I got better contrast by changing fonts, but that's not always easy, depends on the book format.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
I just upgraded my 5" EZReader Pro to latest FW from Astak Site and:

1. Clock does not retain setting after power off/on cycle and reverts back to 12:00 and October 11, 2009

2. Contrast - can't increase it - how do you do it?

Thanks in advance for any help
The clock is working properly.
Turn it off = No Clock time remembered. Just like the original IBM PC
I have not tried contrast lately.
It only applied to ONLY pictures when you could adjust it.
You have 8 levels of Grey. Contrast was really a +-"shift" in what level got used.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
emt
Nameless Being

Thanks to both of you

Now I understand