Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
queries @ ROBERT N ALL

i recently bought ez ppro, i m very happy with it,
but i ve few queries
1. how to know that my firmware is update with all features, having all previous firmwares
2. can i get tts options for hindi language for hindi texts.
thanks
regards
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello asdx,

You can see what firmware you already have now in the reader by pressing the "menu/ok" key, then "6 settings", then "4 about"; the firmware version is listed on the second line of data.

The most current Astak firmware (which is kept up to date here) is: V2.02ASTAK.091201

I don't know about hindi TTS.

It is great that you are happy with your new Pocket Pro!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
dkarale
dkarale began at the beginning.

Device: EZreader PP, PDA, WM Smart Phone, UMPC, Netbook
Anybody here has experience of buying the Pocket Pro from Astak.com? How's their process time (fast/slow) to have the item ship out? Do they email the buyer the tracking information once the package is shipped?
dkarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got mine within a week and a half. AND it was delivered on a Saturday!! Didn't expect that.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarale View Post
Anybody here has experience of buying the Pocket Pro from Astak.com? How's their process time (fast/slow) to have the item ship out? Do they email the buyer the tracking information once the package is shipped?
I was in the original batch
I got 2 copies of the tracking mail.

It depends on where you are and what shipper gets used (US Snail is cheaper for local area shipments).
UPS and Fedex track every step along the way. If your UPS driver is in an area with good radio coverage, the status is updated within minutes otherwise they transmit their deliveries DIAD log every few hours by phone.

USPS only does Origin (captured from shippers computer?) and Destination Delivery and I had completed my charging before that status was available.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome to the ranks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdx View Post
i recently bought ez ppro, i m very happy with it,
but i ve few queries
1. how to know that my firmware is update with all features, having all previous firmwares
2. can i get tts options for hindi language for hindi texts.
thanks
regards
Dear asdx:

Welcome to the ever growing ranks of pleased Pocker PRO owners. I mean that. I know you made a good choice and you will love your device more as time goes on.

I can ask about the factory doing Hindi language but have no idea on whether TTS can me made to work with hindi texts. I realize the growing multitudes of readers in India who read in Hindi. Yours is a very wise and worthwhile question that leaves me without a good answer. Let me, please, try to get a decent answer for you.

I am overjoyed that you are very happy with the Pocket PRO; and I am grateful for your post!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #7
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear asdx:

Welcome to the ever growing ranks of pleased Pocker PRO owners. I mean that. I know you made a good choice and you will love your device more as time goes on.

I can ask about the factory doing Hindi language but have no idea on whether TTS can me made to work with hindi texts. I realize the growing multitudes of readers in India who read in Hindi. Yours is a very wise and worthwhile question that leaves me without a good answer. Let me, please, try to get a decent answer for you.

I am overjoyed that you are very happy with the Pocket PRO; and I am grateful for your post!!
thanks robert
one thing i would really like to say that if ur reader is released in india, soon it will be selling like hot cakes, there r millions of student in our country, i personally know many of my friends(it costly) saved money to buy this gadget(they prefer this gadget over mobile phone, books and girls) and spend 7-8 hours reading. if realeased in india at right price, take my word u wont need to think about other markets
regards
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ours was here within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarale View Post
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
India is a factory territory unfortuantely

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdx View Post
thanks robert
one thing i would really like to say that if ur reader is released in india, soon it will be selling like hot cakes, there r millions of student in our country, i personally know many of my friends(it costly) saved money to buy this gadget(they prefer this gadget over mobile phone, books and girls) and spend 7-8 hours reading. if realeased in india at right price, take my word u wont need to think about other markets
regards
Dear asdx:

Thank you!! Our legal territory is North and South America. The factory maintains control over India as a sales territory. We are allowed to drop-ship one order at a time but cannot do anything large scale there. I do completely agree with you that India is a hotbed for students... and perfect for the Pocket PRO.

Never prefer an eBook Reader, even a Pocket PRO over girls!! India has enchantingly pretty women!! I do not want your friends to go without pretty girls!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote