View Full Version : Converting *.imp to rtf/hmtl/doc

dreddengineer
06-27-2006, 07:09 AM
I have a few *.imp e-books (no drm) but no device for them. I want to read them with mobipocket and need to convert them. If I can get them in html, rft doc or something like that i can convert them to mobipocket myself. Can someone help me.

Liviu_5
06-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi,

I am interested too since while I have all my .imp books in open formats (since I never buy them in .imp form to start with), the .imp books are very nicely organized by the Ebookwise Librarian in many useful categories while sometimes I find myself googling my desktop for the open format files.

Unfortunately I do not think that anyone wrote software to convert .imp being such an obscure format and I googled a little bit around. Hope I am wrong though.

Liviu

I have a few *.imp e-books (no drm) but no device for them. I want to read them with mobipocket and need to convert them. If I can get them in html, rft doc or something like that i can convert them to mobipocket myself. Can someone help me.

dreddengineer
07-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Is there nobody out there who has any idee?

TadW
07-06-2006, 05:19 AM
I've had some time so I googled on this topic. Unfortunately, noone seems to have come up with a solution to convert IMP content back to something like HTML.

Feel the pain of proprietary e-book formats....

Liviu_5
07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I have not been able to find anything either; if you just want to view imp files on a pc there is a free imp viewer from eti.

Liviu

dreddengineer
07-06-2006, 10:52 AM
thnx, do you have a url for the free viewer?

Liviu_5
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi,

Try ebookpublisher from eti:

http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/support.htm

Their viewer displays both imp formats

Liviu

thnx, do you have a url for the free viewer?