View Full Version : Pocketbook in UK?

HarryT
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Is there anywhere that sells the Pocketbook either in or shipping to the UK? I've looked at the German site, but unfortunately it rather defeated my linguistic abilities.

zilyal
12-21-2009, 02:45 PM
The onlineshop My-Ebook-Reader.de is shipping to the UK (15,- shipping costs): http://www.my-ebook-reader.de/epages/62330792.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62330792/Categories/CustomerInformation

The site is only in German, but if you mail them (info@my-ebook-reader.de) they'll probably be able to give you more details in English as well.

HarryT
12-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you.

HarryT
12-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Received my Pocketbook 360 today, after ordering it from Yar on Monday. Great service - thanks, Yar!

kacir
12-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Harry.
I am looking forward to your review.
Do not forget to download FBReader compiled by SciFiFan so you can turn pages using a small movement of the device.

HarryT
12-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Not a big fan of FBReader, I'm afraid. I prefer to convert all my books to ePub and read with ADE.

kacir
12-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Excellent.
In all the reviews the ADE reader is one of least discussed applications.

Nate the great
12-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Not a big fan of FBReader, I'm afraid. I prefer to convert all my books to ePub and read with ADE.

FBReader is actually very good with Epub.This is something of a surprise because its Mobi abilities are still utter dreck.

HarryT
12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
FBReader is actually very good with Epub.This is something of a surprise because its Mobi abilities are still utter dreck.

Oh well, maybe I'll take a look at it in that case. Thanks for the tip!

poshm
12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
The best thing about the fbreader as far as I can see is the ability to have more control over the margins and font - especially the font sizing. And all of this can be done on the fly right in the middle of whatever you're reading, just press the OK button and then select settings. I'm still comparing the two readers on the pocketbook but I think fbreader wins for me as better customization so far.

DNT
12-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Congrats HarryT. I envy you. :( I placed my order late last week and it's still not here yet, and I'm just across the border.
Enjoy your pocketbook. :)

HarryT
12-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Congrats HarryT. I envy you. :( I placed my order late last week and it's still not here yet, and I'm just across the border.
Enjoy your pocketbook. :)

I paid the $US94 for "expedited shipping" :).

LazyScot
12-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Is there any chance you could post a comparison of your Opus and the PocketBook?

I'd be very interested to know what you think of the merits of the two (or have you posted a comparison and I've not noticed?).

Thanks!

HarryT
12-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Is there any chance you could post a comparison of your Opus and the PocketBook?

I'd be very interested to know what you think of the merits of the two (or have you posted a comparison and I've not noticed?).

Thanks!

Once I've used it for a few days, I'll be more than happy to do so.

LazyScot
12-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Once I've used it for a few days, I'll be more than happy to do so.

That would be great; looking forward to it.

Cheers.

PocketGoods
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi friends! Just for your information.

If someone from UK (or from other part of Europe) are still interested in buying PB360 or PB301, you can order it by www.pocketgoods.de (http://www.pocketgoods.de) and save your money because of zero shipping costs :)

We ship to

Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark (except the Faroes, Greenland), Estonia, Finland, France (except overseas areas and departments), Greece (except mountain Athos), Great Britain (except the Channel Islands), Ireland, Italy (except Livigno and Campione d'Italia), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands (except non-European areas), Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (except Canary islands, Ceuta + Melilla), Czech Republic, Hungary, Cyprus / republic (except north part)

for free!!!